Thursday, September 29, 2005

Doctor's appointment

Another update: Already, we have progress! I am 1-2 centimeters dilated and 50 percent effaced, So, the labor process has already started. Man! I didn't think there would be progress like that this time, so we'd better get our tails in gear this weekend a buy a mattress, put the car seat in, etc. I know this probably means nothing, but the doc predicts I'll have Cooper in 2-3 weeks, or at least before my due date. Unreal! I had a pretty stressful day at work, so I haven't really had a chance to soak this in. I think I'm in a little state of shock.

She also mentioned that this makes for a much shorter labor process - about 6-10 hours total. That's great news if it rings true! I'm trying not to get my hopes up for anything so I won't be disappointed when it's 24 hours long!

Woo-hoo! Cooper here we come!

2 comments:

leslie said...

Oh my goodness!! How exciting! I hope you get a lot done this weekend so that these last couple of weeks you and Luke can just relax and enjoy being together - just the two of you for the last time in a REALLY long time!
I am so excited for you!

Becky Martin said...

Yippee for a shorter labor! I can't believe that you're about to have Cooper...it seems like time has flown by. Enjoy these next few weeks without too much anxiety of what's to come!