Saturday, November 05, 2005

Whole new meaning to multi-tasking ...



Ten things I've noticed in these past three weeks:

1. I can never get one thing completely done in one setting.
2. Soreness like I've never had before - that's all I'm saying.
3. Things are moist in weird places, and we find ourselves asking, "How did this get wet?" a lot.
4. Cooper wears five different outfits a day, or no clothes at all.
5. We're always hot.
6. I really, really, REALLY miss sleeping.
7. We love the bouncy chair.
8. Getting ready to go somewhere is a feat in and of itself.
9. The house will never be full clean again.
10. It's all worth it, because we have the most beautiful baby on earth!

He makes little sighing noises sometimes, and LOVES to flail his arms and scratch the crud out of his face. I cut his nails, but it really doesn't seem to help. All I can do is put lotion on them and hope it doesn't scar. I think one of them will scar forever it seems. Maybe it'll go away. Calm down Coop! Things are getting easier though - still hard to drag myself out of bed three times a night, but it'll get easier.

Not that I'm complaining, just observing. As I sit here and watch him sleep while Luke cooks, I can't help thinking about what Cooper will be like when he grows up, and what kind of vacations we'll go on, etc. There's just so much awaiting us in the future - I can't wait! Pictures will come soon!

10 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Hi Sara.
I'm ready to come to Austin to play with you and Cooper and Luke.
Matt and Lauren Chandler had their second baby on Friday. So Saturday, I went up to the hospital and held baby Reid for an HOUR! I loooove babies.!
Things are good. Ready for Thanksgiving. TO say that is a huge UNDERSTATMENT!!!!
I hope you get some rest this week!

Anonymous said...

From what I've heard, just getting out of bed each day is doing good as a new mom......you are amazing for doing anything past that! Post more pics when you can!

leslie said...

1. You will learn to adjust and just deal with what you can and can't get done. It's all good!
2. I totally know what you mean. Ouch.
3. I HATE the word Moist. Gag.
4. Changing clothes is fun!
5. Turn your air up! Plug in some fans! Drink lots of water!
6. Never again. Sorry!
7. Bounce, bounce, bounce... lets you get a little bit done around the house! The exersaucer (when he gets a little older) is also good for this.
8. It's hard at first. But again - it gets much better.
9. Nope.
10. Amen!

swatterson said...

ahhh. he's such a cutie!

The one I relate to the most today is #9. I think it has to do with #1!

hejlyeah said...

I added moist just for you Leslie. :)

leslie said...

Thanks. Punk.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sara! Wow- I don't think I even knew you were expecting. I'm also thrilled to have found your blog, after many disapointing redirects to the sad "drop it like it's hot." I LOVE the pic w/ Luke asleep next to precious Coop. You guys have such neat things going on right now! Give Luke and Cooper our best! I'm now loyally tuned in!

Jennifer K said...

Cooper is precious!! I love the picture of Cooper and Luke. Priceless. I hope everything is falling into place. I can't imagine!

Unknown said...

Hey Sara! This is Kate (Barclay), and I just wanted to say congratulations on little Cooper! He is such a cutie! Boone and I also recently had a baby, so maybe he and Cooper can be really good friends when they get to ACU in about 18ish years!!! The lack of a clean house has been my biggest complaint thus far, but I have learned to make it bearable by just straightening up before I crawl into bed. It usually consists of loading the dishwasher, going through the mail, folding blankets, putting pillows back on the couch, etc. Not much, but the house at least looks straight on top of all its filth!!! :) Oh, and by the way, you have the most amazing post-pregnancy body! I am so jealous of you! Congratulations again!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'M READY FOR A NEW BLOG. MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS!