Wednesday, June 01, 2005

18.5 weeks and counting

Sorry I'm behind on this. But, I took an actual holiday from the computer this holiday weekend. It was nice. Luke and I didn't do much at all, besides the giant Hejl family gathering for Kelley's high school graduation. It was good to see everyone. She got a laptop from the fam. It's nice! We chipped in on that and gave her a Brita too - Abilene water. You ACUers know what I mean.

Luke and I like to stay home on the weekends, but there are downsides. The main one being, we tend to spend LOTS of money during those weekends. I guess to pass the time. We bought our long-awaited bedroom suit (Jay and Ally will notice the similarities) including two night stands, two lamps, a tall chest/drawers, dresser and mirror and the big bed. Whew. It's going to look SO much better. Vast improvement from the dresser with the falling off knobs. We also bought a cool desk for the bedroom as well, as I will be working from home some after the little one, and we have to clean out the nursery at some point. Once all of the furniture comes in, we'll have no excuse but to start cleaning! I'll post some pictures when it all comes in.

Also, Luke's brother Jeff and his wife are in Hawaii right now for a week. We are so jealous we can't even handle it.

So, 18 weeks. I'm getting a little bigger every week. Only two more weeks until we know what it is. I'm feeling more girl than boy this week for some reason, but we'll see I guess. I can only do maternity clothes now, minus drawstrings and t-shirts. Again, will post a pic later. I have no symptoms except for tiredness, and I see some little vericose (sp?) veins starting on my legs. Oh boy. But, comes with the territory! The baby is moving a lot, most of the day. It's really cool. May have a little athlete in the future. Or a back up dancer. Whatever he/she wants. :) I feel a little more bonded to it now that it's "real" to me. What's this little one going to grow up and be? Who's it going to look like? Crazy!

We're getting so excited about everything!

No comments: