Sunday, June 19, 2005

Cooper Martin Hejl

Okay, you can call him "Coop," but there will be no "Cooper the Pooper" past about 4 years old. He will be just that for a while anyway - ha!

We love his name! We decided on it for sure yesterday. Everyone in my family has sorta been calling him that from the beginning since we suggested it, and it grew on us, so we went with it. I think it will be a good one from his kid years on to his adult years. Can't wait to put a face to a name, but we have a ways to go! I'm 21 weeks, so over halfway there. Can't believe how fast it's gone by, and how little time we have left now to prepare for all of this craziness!

Here are the sonogram pics - he was moving around so much during the sonagram that we really couldn't get the best picture. It was so crazy to see him roll completely over at one point in my tummy. We saw his feet and arms and face ... it was so cool! Here's the one that she could tell he was a boy. I'm still having a hard time picturing it (I couldn't really tell at the doctor's office) but pretend he's sitting on a copy machine. Ha. The doctor says she's nearly 100 percent sure on boys, so I'll go with that.



Pertty cool! Here are some more:



Sorry this is long, but we've done a lot since last week and this weekend. It's been a little surreal for me finding out he's a boy because I was totally thinking he was a girl. Guess I was off, but it's totally great. We're super excited and starting to think of cool nursery ideas. We cleaned out the room that will be his room yesterday. Just putting everything in the hallway, cleaning it all out and rearranging it was a major project. We have so much crap. And, we've only lived in this house for two years. I can't imaging two more years! Next weekend we'll take off the two corners of the really cool teddy bear wallpaper that's left and make sure it's ready to paint. We're going to take it slow on the room renovation because home improvement projects are not our favorite things to do. :)

News flash: Luke is reading a book. I bought him an expectant fathers book for Father's Day today, and he likes it. Yay!

We've had a very productive weekend. Friday, we worked late, I worked out, then we went to dinner at Olive Garden with Matt and Candi Tenbush. It was SO good. I love that place. Then, we went and got these really awesome snow cones in downtown Round Rock. Visitors of Austin - we must go to this place. I would say that I'm a snow cone connoisseur because of my two summers making them, and this snow cone was good. Mmm ... I want one now.

Yesterday, we worked in the yard all morning, cleaned around the house, I did tons of laundry, and we cleaned out the nursery. Then, we went and had the best, most expensive dinner we've ever had. Seriously. Well, Luke got a phat gift certificate from his work to Truluck's - an amazing seafood place - so we went and spent it ALL. So bad of us, but so good. Appetizer, soup, salad, entrees (trout and snapper) and dessert. It was a lot, but worth it. Plus, I've only gained ONE POUND for the entire pregnancy. I almost don't believe that nurse. I'm definitely bigger everywhere, so I dunno. He must be eating all of my food or something. I have to gain at least three pounds before next time. Scary - no one's ever told me that before, and I don't really want to. But, it won't be hard!

Today, I cleaned some more, worked out, went to the Hejl's for lunch, and now I'm here, about to go to care group. FULL weekend, but lots of fun. It's been a whirlwind week, but there was one moment that made it all come together for me for some reason. We were sitting on the couch watching a movie last night, dog and cat by us, all together. We were talking about moving to the beach someday, dreaming, etc. and Luke said, "Well, we're pretty self contained here. Whole family, in one big house, nothing to complain about." I looked around and thought, 'Man. That's so true. I should never complain about being tired or busy again. That just means that my life's worth something, and I should be grateful.' There it is - sappy moment of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! Our baby boy was going to be Cooper as well! That was our favorite name from the beginning. But because it would have rhymed too much with his last name, we had to give it up, because we thought he'd sound too much like some cheesy crooner with a rhyming name! It's an awesome name though, one that he'll never outgrow! Congratulations!
Annabelle.

swatterson said...

Luke knows how to read!?!!! j/k

Love the name! I'm glad you went with Cooper...it was my fav. of the ones you told me about. Love the pictures too! He looks just like you! ;)

Good luck with the nursery! I know you guys will come up with some thing great!