Thursday, June 30, 2005

Friggin' hot.

It was a whoppin' 100 degrees today in Austin. I thought I was going to pass out getting in and out of my car before and after my meetings around town today. I have to go swimming at some point this July 4th weekend or I will have a stroke!

We're watching Hit Me Baby One More Time - the show where washed up singers from years past try to win some competition with each other, trying to figure out who sucks the least. We're pulling for PM Dawn so far, since they're the only ones I've seen in concert, or really, the only ones I remember liking as a child. Juice Newton made an appearance, but her rendition of "Pieces of You" by Ashlee Simpson was sad, sad, sad.

Nothing new here. I don't have to work tomorrow and Monday, so I'm going to plant some flowers tomorrow and clean. We're going to Cleburne this weekend to hang with all of the fam - should be fun!

Here's a picture of downtown Austin from the Congress Avenue bridge. We went to watch the bats fly out from under the bridge a few weeks ago. I love this city!

1 comment:

leslie said...

I'm jealous you don't have to work today! Man, the outside of our house could use some serious flowers...