Sunday, March 26, 2006

The King of Droolerville

I don't have any real up-to-date drool pictures, but I'm sure y'all have seen them already. His drooling is out of control. So much so that he wears a bib about 80 percent of the time. Hope those teeth come in soon, and fast.

Here's a cute one. This was right before a jog. Cooper is becoming like our dog Joey, in that he needs a walk every day or he'll whine until he gets one. It's a great motivation for us to get outside. He loves looking at the trees and feeling the wind.

Cooper hasn't really wanted to roll over in the past three weeks or so. He can, and has before both ways, but it seems like he'll just squirm over on his tummy over to where he needs to go. Same with on his back. Turning over just doesn't float his boat. I think he'll be an early crawler. Great. We're SO not ready for that. He's eating twice a day now, which makes me feel like he's eating all of the time. We're going to try eating solids at work tomorrow. One more bit of fun to the already packed day!

Friday was Luke's birthday. (Happy 27th honey!) We went to PF Chang's (mmmm) with the Dishmans, and then to bed. I got Luke an iPod Nano, so I'm cool. He spent most of the day trying to figure it out (not a Mac user). It's pretty cool lookin'. Saturday we went on a really long walk, hung out with Cooper, and cleaned a little. Luke worked on the yard. The weather was awesome here this weekend. Coop went to Bible class today and had a great time. We've been taking him since he was about three months old, so I think he's used to it by now. I stayed in there a little bit today by the door just to watch. He's so engaged in everything. That boy LOVES to be sung to. Maybe he'll be a singer!

Back to the week. Question: Does anyone feel like they do the same thing every day with their baby? I mean, I move him to the exersaucer, then the chair, then the Bumbo, then Baby Einstein, eat, sleep, go for a walk, then do it all over again, etc. How do you break up the routine without, well, breaking up the routine too much?

I couldn't resist this video. I promise he can say "hi" already. I need to get one of him splashing in the tub and almost sitting up.

4 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I've experienced Cooper's drool....on my shirt at sing song. it was sweet.
seriously, i'm with you on the routine thing, babysitting for 1 week. i couldn't go anywhere for 8 hours monday through friday. we did the same things every day....
i'm really kidding, i have no idea. no idea.
i'm coming to a wedding in austin at the end of july. maybe i will see you!

swatterson said...

I totally know what you mean about the routine! You know what...I think it's OK. I read in a book that babies love and thrive on routine...that way they eventually come to know what to expect...like when bed time is near, etc. But it does get old. Maybe sometimes I should shake it up a bit by reading a story BEFORE the baby einstein movie...wow...that would be crazy! haha

victoria said...

Love the video and I think they like routines. Kelsey is almost 17 months and is still on a routine. But it is good for me since I am a big planner type of gal and it works great for KG because she knows what to expect.

hejlyeah said...

Yeah, I know that babies thrive on routine, but I fell like I should be taking him places and teaching him something I'm not. Hmmmm ...