Monday, February 26, 2007

Just when we thought he couldn't be more genius ...



Tonight was like any other night. When Cooper got tired, (tonight it was around 7:00 p.m. - early bird) we went upstairs and got ready to have bathtime with Daddy. I usually get him undressed and ready to go while Luke draws the bath.

About a month ago I purchased an Elmo training potty at Sears. It was on sale, so I thought, why not? Elmo potty just sits in our bathroom staring at the people who use the normal potty, unused.

Until now.

Every night, Luke and I say to Cooper, right before he gets into the bath, "Wanna go potty?" He goes and sits on the Elmo potty, just sits there, and then goes to flush the normal toilet. Cute, right? (I know this super interesting to not very many people, but it was like the coming of the Lord, we were so excited.) Tonight, we did the same thing. And HE ACTUALLY PEED WHEN HE SAT DOWN! It was a hilarious yet unbelievable sight to us. He tinkled all over the bathroom floor, but he went where he was SUPPOSED TO. It was marvelous. Sixteen months old and already on his way. It might not ever happen again, but I had to take note that on this day, Cooper is one more step towards saving his parents diaper money.

More pics. We love our wagon.



I love to snack.



Is that cup actually taller than my head?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Seriously, sign the kid up for Mensa! That is impressive! You'll have to let us know if that keeps up.

annalee said...

hi there, congrats on the potty training landmark! i'm glad to see y'all are doing so well:)

Brooke said...

I love the Elmo towel! He is getting so big. So cute!

annalee said...

and i would love to eat lunch sometime and see you in person! although i do love seeing all the cute pics on your blogger too!

The Best Family said...

I cant believe he used the potty!! That is huge! He is so looking like Luke in those pics! He is so cute! I saw that he is on the list for Children's Ark next year! Fun stuff!

Julie said...

WHAT A GENIUS!!! If it wasn't for crazy little boy parts, the pee probably would have gone in the toilet!

swatterson said...

Wow! I need to buy a kid potty! Great idea!