Monday, January 16, 2006

"So I Married a Tomato Grower. Wait, Green Fried Tomato Pants!?

These were my husband's words when he couldn't think of the movie with the Kathy Bates line "I'm older, but I have more insurance." I'm guessing it's from Fried Green Tomatoes, but not confirmed. Needless to say, we're both very tired. I'm watching the Golden Globes - is it the same Larry MacMurtry who writes all of the other Western novels who wrote Brokeback Mountain? Just checking, because if so, that's weird. Also, I'm amazed at John Williams for a. still being alive, and b. for writing such great soundtracks for movies - Superman, Star Wars, Theme from Cowboys, Catch Me If You Can, and Memoirs of a Geisha, for which he won best soundtrack tonight. How the heck do you write a soundtrack? Whoa. Overwhelming.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments on my previous blog entry. They've really helped me these past couple of days. I guess I should post more challenging questions to get more people to come out of the woodwork - hey Lauren! My mom stayed with Cooper today while I worked - it was hard to be away for the first time all day, but I got some stuff done at work.

We had a nice weekend. Two walks with the jogging stroller and the Coopster. He loves it!

2 comments:

leslie said...

I loved watching the Golden Globes. What's his name from The Office - his speech was hilarious. I can't stand anything to do with Brokeback Mountain.
Reese Witherspoon and hubby Ryan are so freaking cute.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I confess--I've been a lurker on your blog for some time. Eliz sent me the link while you were pregnant, and I bookmarked it to follow along. I have to admit--I was quite jealous how beautiful and healthy you looked during your pregnancy, even in your last months. (I just got F-A-T, fat!) Anyway, it's been fun reading about your experiences, especially since I can relate so well. Cooper is precious; you'll be so surprised how quickly he'll grow up!