Friday, October 14, 2005

Quit scaring me Dr. Scary McScaryson!

Another interesting doctor's appointment - I just can't get enough craziness at her office lately! We go in at 4:15, do the usual weigh, blood pressure, etc. I gained SIX pounds in a week apparently, and that's good. Back up to 20 total. Working from home and trying to chill out has helped. Then, the doc comes in to measure and examine me, again, as usual, and as she's feeling around on my tummy she says to the nurse, "Go get the ultrasound." I was all, "Holy goodness. What's the deal?" She then replied to us, "I think this baby's breech." Great. I didn't feel he was breech because I think I might have noticed him flip over, but she wanted to look on the ultrasound and make sure.

She turned on machine and looked around, and behold, he was head down. Whew! His head was so far down already that she couldn't feel it. She just wanted to be sure. Man! Why the heck did she have to scare me? She just kept saying that it was not good for him to be breech this far along, and we'd discuss our options after she looked at the ultrasound. I'm glad all is well!

I'm three centimeters dilated, so one more than last week. Things are moving right along. Doc predicts next week, so we'll see I guess. It could be anytime. It's really starting to freak me out after this appointment. This child is going to come out, one way or another, in a VERY short time. Our entire lives are going to change. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I have to keep focusing on the good! We get to meet Cooper soon!

Off to the UT game tomorrow. I bought a large orange t-shirt to wear. And I will look like just that - a large orange!

1 comment:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'm ready to see baby COOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!