Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A few things

I'm going to post pictures soon, of Luke and Cooper dressed the same, but I thought I'd add some things beforehand.

Let's see:

1. Cooper took his first steps last Friday! He took about four steps three different times, and about seven steps one time. Since then, he barely wants to stand up, so he hasn't done it again. Woo hoo!

2. My daddy BUSTED his knee hunting last weekend. I mean, it's shot. Not really shot, but out of commission. Pray that his surgery goes well and his recovery is minimal. Go daddy!

3. Cooper can now say THREE when I say "One, two ..." What a genius. He can also say "mmmmoo" when I ask "What does a cow say?" it's great. he loves saying Bible and can almost say Jesus. So cool.

4. I'm making an actual dinner with pork chops tonight. This is rare.

5. Jay and Ally had their baby girl Camden yesterday evening. We're so pumped for them. She's gorgeous.

6. I can't wait until Project Runway tonight! Such a great show. Everyone is so talented. I can't even cut in a straight line.

7. The switch to milk for Cooper is going well. We're making the milk switch first, and he's getting less and less formula. We should have the total switch by his first birthday, and then we'll make the no bottle jump. That should be the hardest. Again, thanks for everyone's advice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you will be surprised how easy the no bottle switch is. I was SO worried with Jackson, and it was a breeze! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hey! Here is the recipe you asked for on Tara's blog:

4 cans whole green beans
2 cups brown sugar (Boone uses 1 small box usually).
1 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 lb. bacon
Toothpicks

Drain green beans, but reserve the liquid from 2 cans in a saucepan. With liquid from two cans of green beans, add brown sugar, minced onion and minced garlic. Bring to a boil. (Stay close by because if this boils over, it is a HUGE mess to clean up)!

Cut bacon into thirds. (We seriously just cut the whole pound into thirds and not individual slices). Wrap green beans in bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place green bean bundles in a 9x13 inch pan and pour brown sugar mixture over green beans. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 additional minutes.

These are super yummy and always a crowd pleaser! Let me know what you think.

Staci said...

Yay for first steps! You have such cute little boy! I love all the pictures :)