Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fun weekend! What the heck? Christmas is almost here.

Hey all! Here are some cute pictures first of our weekend in Abilene with Leslie and Sara (and the kiddos), and some random nine week pics.







Isn't he the cutest? He's getting bigger and smarter every day. He coos and "guhhs" all of the time, and loves to laugh and smile.

We went to Abilene last weekend and had a ball with my friends from college and their kids. I will refer everyone to the link to Leslie's blog on the side for what happened during the fun weekend - Leslie couldn't have summarized it better!

Cooper went to the doctor yesterday for his two month checkup and shots. He's a wonderful, healthy boy, weighing in at 10 pounds and 13 ounces. Right on target. But, he's going to be a tall one! He's 24 inches long already, which is in the 75th percentile. Woo-hoo! Basketball here we come!

All was wonderful, until the FOUR shots. I had to hold him down and watch him cry, but he did better than I thought he would. What a trooper. He had a 100 degree fever last night, and it came down this morning to about 99.3. We're going to keep with the Tylenol and see what happens. However, he seems to have developed a fabulous cough with lots of grossness behind it. No good. I called the nurse and she said if he still has a fever tomorrow that it's not because of the shots, but from something else, and if it gets above 102, to call the doctor. Ugh. I hope he gets better soon, because they're nothing else you can give him except Tyelnol. We'll fire up the humidifier tonight and see if that breaks things up. Poor Coop! He's been so healthy and great thus far. Guess I better wash my hands more!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it irritating that the kids get sick from going to the doctor for well-baby visits? Jackson came back from his 4 month appointment with a snotty nose.

Cooper is so very cute. I like the picture of Luke holding Cooper naked. Boone did that the other night, and Jackson peed on him. It was hilarious, but I hope you guys can avoid that situation.

leslie said...

Gee, I wonder if he got a cough from a scruffy 2 year old that was literally in his face all weekend?? I hope he feels better soon!!
Those are great pics - I love the one in his car seat all bundled up!
I wish you were still here! Miss you!

hejlyeah said...

Oh, we get peed on every day almost! And no Leslie, I'm pretty sure your two year old has nothin' on the doctor's office. :)

victoria said...

What a sweetie he is, I hope he feels better. Shots stink!

swatterson said...

Shots are the worst huh? Is he feeling better now?

It was so fun hanging out with you guys!