Saturday, June 05, 2010

Crawling, pulling, standing, etc.



Remember, I'm not mostly doing this blog to have something to show my kids in lieu of a decent baby book. I'm trying to keep my head above water, what with selling the house, moving, etc. I used to post more opinion, but I'm lately realized that no one cares. And neither will I later on in life. I WILL however care about when Juliet got teeth and the crazy things Cooper was saying. With that in mind ...

Juliet is crawling! She started crawling while in Marble Falls this past weekend, and hasn't let up since. She also like to pull up on everything, and really just wants to stand up all of the time. It's a new, crazy phase, but it's a lot of fun. She also got her first TOOTH last week, and a second is about to pop up. Let me say that she does bite down, and it doesn't matter on what. Ouch. I can't believe time is passing so quickly with her. It's like a blinked and she'll be ONE in less than three months. Yikes!

We had her nine month appointment a couple of weeks ago, and she's doing well. She's 28 1/2 inches long (85%), weighs 19 lbs., one ounce (45%) and has a 70% head circumference. Smarty pants. We also found that she has a bit of anemia, which I'm trying to combat with some iron drops. She doesn't like the taste of them, so it's a challenge. We're about to put this nursing thing to bed also, since I'm only nursing her at night. I give it a week. I'm proud to have made it this long with both kids! I worked full time with Cooper, so that one was a bit harder. Go me. Anyway, things she can now say, sorta clearly: mama, dada, get it, all done, dog, kitty.

Cooper is his same crazy, funny, smart aleck self. The attitude is in full effect, but he'll grow out of that, right? He (and Jules) are loving summer time and the pool. We went to Galveston with Luke for the weekend because he was already there for work. Lots of relaxing by the pool, and a trip to the beach. My parents finished their pool in the spring, and we spent the week there last week. We LOVED swimming and hanging out. We also went to our annual Marble Falls weekend at Ty's grandma's lake house (thanks Dishmans). The kids loved hanging out together, but we REALLY missed Jay and Ally. Next year, for sure. Cooper and Chase are a force playing together. Good times.

Well, enjoy the pics!











3 comments:

Charis said...

Woohoo!! Go J! She is such a cutie :) We had fun in MF with yall too. I heard that Taylor Swift song today and thought of our fun weekend :)

Julie said...

I love all of them! So, so cute!!! I think they are all perfect mixes of their parents!

Pat yourself on the back for nursing, getting things done, etc. Don't worry about baby books or whatever else. Nobody does it all. I say, if the house hasn't burned down and CPS hasn't come by, we can call it a day!

Unknown said...

I wish I had known you were in Galveston! Next time you come, let me know. Isn't the seaweed on the beach nasty? They don't clean it nearly as often as they should.