Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Post for my own sake.

Cooper's been doing several amazing things lately (and in the past few months - I'm behind writing things down) that I should be writing down somewhere. Since I'm not a very good scrapbooker, ( he has a baby book, but it's easier to type than write) I need to make a list. I'm good at those.

Cooper, at 2 1/2:
- loves to watch Little Einsteins, and loves to watch the "giant" one with Beethoven's Fifth. He also loves Dora and The Backyardigans. Also likes to watch all of the videos on sesameworkshop.org.
- is beginning to sing on key, and sing loud to all of the songs he knows. "Oh God, You Are My God" is his favorite.
- loves to talk about Barack Obama, and notices him on television every time he comes on. We don't talk about politics much, so it's pretty funny.
- can type his name on the keyboard of a computer. Slowly but surely.
- starting to recognize letters and knows a song ("The Apple Song") for their sounds.
- got his first bike last week (May 13) and is riding it pretty well. Has a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse helmet that he doesn't like to wear.
- can recognize his name, my name and dad's name on paper.
- Here's a normal dinner conversation: Me - "Cooper, sit down and finish eating your dinner." Cooper - "No, I will NOT sit down and finish eating my dinner!" Me - "Do not argue with me." Cooper - "YES, I WILL argue with you!" Then a warning, and time out ... regular occurrence. He loves to argue, just like his momma.
- says Genesis 1:1 - his first memory verse.
- every night, lies in bed with dad and asks how his day was, and if he had lots of meetings.
- loves to know the schedule for the day. This, then this, then this, etc.
- still takes a three hour nap.
- likes to eat pizza, hamburgers, chicken burgers, and spaghetti with meat sauce. Will also eat lots of broccoli, grapes, strawberries, green peas, and melons.
- is tons of fun.

Whew. I feel better!

5 comments:

victoria said...

that was great. and still so stinkin' jealous of that 3 hour nap. and kg talks a lot about george w bush and hillary clinton but that is b.c her daddy is real interested in politics. didnt you guys take him to the obama rally? keeping him informed--way to go hejl fam!

Anonymous said...

That's very awesome! :)
Kris~

allyo said...

He is so big and so smart! I am looking forward to this weekend and spending time with Mr. Cooper (and you and Luke of course)!

Julie said...

love it. love knowing all those kinds of things!

Brooke said...

I want to be a fly on the wall at your dinner table.

Sounds like Mr. Cooper is a fun little guy!