Thursday, November 15, 2007

The newer, new camera.

Yes, we took back the Nikon Coolpix and splurged on the Nikon D40x SLR. We LOVE it so far - the pictures are FAR superior to anything we've ever had, but we haven't had a chance to take any really fast pictures yet. I will have Cooper run later and we will try. It's pretty big, and doesn't have a video feature, but the child setting and continuous shutter are worth it.

If you know Cooper, this is one of his many famous faces.



And another classic.





At the park today with Victoria and Kelsey (sorry Vic, I didn't get a pic of them together!)





7 comments:

twarpula said...

Love it!! Great shots, you can see the difference.
Glad you like it.
-Tanya

JessBless said...

Congrats on the newer, new camera. It's already paid itself off in priceless pictures!

Unknown said...

I have a Nikon D80, and the lack of a delay is KEY in getting good pictures of very active little boys! These pictures are great! You are going to love the Nikon!

Anonymous said...

It has a child setting?! What will they think of next... that's cool :)

Kristal

victoria said...

pictures look great. it was fun seeing you guys yesterday--lets do it again soon!

Charis said...

No WAY!!! I'm jealous. That's the camera I want! Maybe if I'm good, Santa will get it for me for Christmas :) Glad to see you are taking advantage of it, not that you were having trouble getting cute pics of Coop in the first place.

allyo said...

I am totally jealous about the camera. i keep telling Jay that I want a camera like that for christmas, but he says that our camera is way to good to ask for a new one. I am trying to explain how much easier it would be to capture good pics of Cam if our camera had a quicker shutter speed, but her refuses. I am going to have to save up my money and buy it on my own. Coop is so BIG and getting cuter everytime I see him. I bet he is ready for a baby brother or sister;) Miss you guys! Call if you are in Cleburne over Thanksgiving.