Hey everyone. It's been an unbelievably crazy couple of weeks at our house, what with nutzo work schedules, the always stressful dinnertime, and Cooper quickly becoming his own stubborn little person. Just like his momma.
Cooper has started to speak in sentences, which is really great for understanding what he wants, instead of piercing screams. He throws those in every once in a while though, no worries. His favorite sentences as of late are:
"Birds are outside" when he hears the birds chirping.
"____ is SOOOO funny!" The blank could be Elmo, Mommy, Joey, Phoebe, Truck ...
"Almost home!"
I promise, tonight he said, "When's Daddy coming home?" It was freaky.
"Joey's gets snack"
"Thank you for _____" during prayers at night, he thanks God for his paci mostly.
And more. He's awesome.
Subject change. I bought the new Alison Krauss CD - A Hundred Miles or More. It's a mix of songs she hasn't released, and a few she has. Honestly, I've never listened to a more heartfelt, haunting, beautiful, depressing, and amazing bunch of songs. You have to be in the right mood to listen to it, or you will sob yourself to death. She has a young son, so a lot of her music is about giving her son to God, stories about mothers and sons, etc. A song called "Jacob's Dream" talks about two brothers in the 1800s getting lost in the woods, and being found dead by their parents days later, in so many much more beautiful words. It is truly heartbreaking, but addictingly wonderful. I always recommend any Alison Krauss music, and I'm not sure this is her best, but I love it. Check it out.
Hope everyone has a great night. I'll post pics soon.
3 comments:
they grow up so quick huh?? sentences that is great!
Cooper...your a big man. We miss you!
I was wondering about the new Allison Krauss CD. I think I'll download it and save it for sad rainy days. Thanks for the heads up!
Post a Comment