Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pah-TAY!

We've recovered. What a weekend! We hosted Cooper's first birthday party at our house with a few friends and family over hamburgers, hot dogs, and yes, an Elmo cake. He got some great gifts from everyone in the family, and we're glad all of you could be there! Thanks to Sara's Photo Card Cafe' for the invites - super cool.

We went to a pumpkin patch on up north on Friday morning. It was such a nice day. Only one pic of me and Coop - some nice old women couldn't figure out my camera.


















And the party (yes I, in fact, made the cake myself):



Before:



We lit the candle and sang, and he tried to put out the candle with his hand. Poor guy - this was the reaction. I think it just scared him.



Then, was the good part:





And of course, what mom and dad got him:



He's not one yet, but expect a reflective post when he is. How time flies!

10 comments:

leslie said...

Happy Birthday Cooper! Great pumpkin patch pictures! Can't wait to see ya'll in just a few days!

The Best Family said...

super cute pictures! and I'm impressed with your cake decorating skills! I can't believe he is one already!

Staci said...

How fun! Good job on the cake! I'm impressed! I can't even write "happy birthday" on a cake with icing! I guess I better start practicing ;)

Wendy said...

How fun! (Well, except for the candle part.) I am also super impressed with your cake making abilities.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your little guy is one! Great job on the cake! Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

you are miss talented--love the cake and wish we could have been there to help celebrate!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your cake making skills!!!

Could he be any cuter? Love the pumpkin patch. That looks like so much fun!

See you this weekend!

Cortni said...

How does 1 year go so fast!?! Isn't it crazy! Your cake making skills are very impressive! I have toyed with the idea of making Braden's...was it hard?

He is such a cutie! I can't wait to meet him in person this weekend!

swatterson said...

oh man...so cute! wish we could have been there!

Great pumpkin pics! I've totally got to do that!

Anonymous said...

so sorry we missed it. happy birthday coops!