Monday, April 04, 2005

April Fool's has never been so foolish

We went to the T3 April Fool's Day party on Friday night. What an experience. The decor was unreal, and the food was great. Not sure if Luke had a good time though.



You can request more funny pictures if you like on a personal basis. Looks like someone needed to let lose and do some funky dancin'.

However late the night was Friday, Luke and I still got up very early and got a lot of stuff done. Laundry, yard work, mulching (Luke did it while I napped) and a lunch with an ACU friend. Productive day. However, Joey got out of the back yard THREE TIMES this week/weekend because of a small hole under the fence in the back. Even when we covered it up with dirt, very tightly, he still dug through last night and got our during care group. He's never dug before, so we really don't know what to do. Guess we'll have to put brick in some places. Bad, bad dog.

Let's see. Any more news about me? I am at 10 weeks, going on 11 this week, and I'm seeing the significant demise of my waistline. Only loose clothes are comfortable to me now, but was that ever untrue? I feel much, much larger when I eat a meal, especially at night. The cravings have gone away a little, but the black bean aversion will not go away. We had to bring them to a care group potluck last night, and I thought I was going to barf in the car the whole time. The potluck was fun though. You can never go wrong with nachos.

One good thing: I've talked to my boss about maternity leave and working, etc. and she's so relaxed about the working stuff. I'll get eight weeks off paid, and I can slowly ease back into work. Also, I can bring the baby to work as well. Should be a really good situation for me. I'm so glad! I was really nervious about it, and still am a little, but it's inevitable and will be just fine. It's all what you make of it, so I've started to think more positively about everything so I can enjoy the pregnancy more without worrying all of the time. I'm a worrier, about everything. It's hard to stop. So at least for the sake of the baby, I've got to calm down!

Next weekend: mulching the back yard. Mom is coming into town this week for a convention and to hang with me. Should be fun!

2 comments:

swatterson said...

Oh my word....who is that guy? :)

hejlyeah said...

I'm not really sure. He was not Luke that night!