Monday, October 11, 2010

Update: I'm gonna start in July.



Warning! This is a long one. Here goes. (Pretty pic above by Cozy Impressions Photography.)

I'm going to start at the Hejl lake weekend in July. We had such a fun time with the whole Hejl group. The house was phenomenal. The small kids and their parents stayed in the guest house behind the big house, which was perfect for a napping 11 month-old. Most of my time was spent chasing Juliet around, but that will change in the future. We swam, ate, talked, and enjoyed ourselves. Mason, Landon and Cooper had a ball together.

A couple of weeks after that, Nonnie, my sister and Haley, and the kids and I went to Port Aransas for a long weekend. We had a great, busy time with all of the kiddos. Arranging naps with two babies was a challenge, but we ate well and enjoyed the pool and beach views from our condo. Cooper liked the ferry ride the most, for sure. It truly is that fascinating! I forgot my camera like a genius, so see my sis Rachel's blog for some good ones.

Then came Juliet's first birthday. I can't believe she's already 13 months right now. She has grown so much! We had the party at the Hejls' house because of our packing/moving situation. It worked out well. She had a butterfly cake, pizza, ice cream and lots of presents.

School has started! We came up to Fort Worth for a week before we moved to get the kids started in their preschool, which they LOVE. It was a little hectic at first with the move, but now we're in the groove. They both looked adorable on their first day! it was raining super hard that day, so most of the pics are indoors. I loved the first day because it was the first time in almost EVER that I'd been alone to work and run errands. It has been a GODSEND.

Oh, and we MOVED. We are truly sad to not be in ATX anymore, but we love our new house and neighborhood and are excited about what the future holds. We've done a TON of work to the pool - added a fence, drained and completely re-plastered the bottom to fix the cracks, ripped off the tile and old coping and added blue tile around the pool and on the steps/ledge, and added flagstone coping. It looks beautiful, but just in time for FALL. Boooo. Luke and I still love to sit out by the pool though. Lots of shade due to the oak and other trees around it make for great relaxation, but lots of cleaning leaves out of the pool. The previous owner did some great work on the house (built in 1965, ranch style) so we're thankful for that. House work is not our forte'. More pictures are to be shown of the inside of the house, but I'm waiting until it has to be super clean. :) I'm pretty sure that I'm never moving again, EVER. The process was super stressful to me. I was sad to say goodbye to my old house, but not too sad since it's still our house. :) The tenants we have are awesome though, so it's a good thing for us in the long run.

Kid update: Cooper is five! (see previous post) He thrives in preschool and loves his teachers. He's learning slowly how to recognize and read certain words in some of the books we're reading. Smarty pants. For some reason, he doesn't like Spanish class at school because of some game they play where they have to lie down after they've tagged. I dunno. I felt really sorry for him last night because he didn't want to go to school at all. Seems to have changed his mind this morning already. He and his sister play a lot and are starting to fight a little. Great. It's not full on yet, but I can see it coming. All in all, they are both sweet to each other and enjoy our back room are to play in. Since we've acquired an electric guitar from Nonnie and Poppie over the weekend, that back room is a Godsend. It's pretty separated from the rest of the house, so we don't have to hold our ears while he plays. I need to get him some lessons!

Juliet is growing like a weed! She's talking so much more now, and can pretty much say anything you ask her to in her weird little way. She's a speed walker, especially when it comes to running towards the laundry room to play with the dog water/food before I can catch her. Words like please, thank you, more, shoes, Jo-Jo (the dog), no, yes (head nod), tortilla (my girl), and ice are very clear now. I give it a couple of months before she's a pro speaker. Since the arrival of the pool fence, we've been spending a lot of time in the back yard and on the trampoline. BOTH kids love this thing. It's a huge trampoline, but it's worth it. Hours of entertainment and exercise. She is also loving preschool and taking a nap there as well. A Christmas miracle. Her nap schedule is about to be down to one a day, which is good and bad. The transition is the hard part.

I'll try and post shorter, more frequent posts. Here are the pictures!































No comments: