Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy 30th birthday, friend!

(Alls I've gotsta say is, you're husband is super sweet, and loves you very much...)

Old woman! You're 30! Can you believe it? SO much has happened since we've known each other - good times, bad times, fun times, scary times - and you remain one of my dearest, most trustworthy friends. Here are some memories I could drag up in my brain over time - made me almost pee in my pants thinking about some of these!

- Matt B. running into the back of your car at the ATM, on purpose.
- You dated Luke for a while. :)
- Hitting the curb on Judge Ely and denting your rim in a u-turn gone wrong.
- You hitting one of those orange barrels on the loop (why does everything involve a wreck in Sylvia?)
- Finding out you were pregnant with Kaitlyn and being all, WHOA. WE CAN HAVE BABIES? WE'RE THAT OLD?
- Getting up so stinkin' early in the morning sophomore year and running/working out. Mostly, you getting up early and dragging me out of bed. We were SO skinny!
- Girls weekends with the roommates after ACU. Big plans, but they always end up being in Dallas.
- Your thoughtful prayers during my difficult times.
- L-House and Warrant. Love that porch.
- Straightening my hair. I think that was the last time I've done that.
- A lot of things that I know you remember but I can't list on my blog. :)

You are a prayerful person, loving mother and loyal friend. I wish you the best day ever, and I will call you!

Love,
Sara

1 comment:

leslie said...

THANK YOU!!!! It was so fun to wake up and read all of these this morning! James totally got me. I had no idea this was going on. I loved reading about all of our memories! Just wait...30 is JUST around the corner for you. WEIRD. 30 just sounds old.
Love you!