Friday, December 12, 2008

2008 Best Christmas Songs

I know, I haven't been the best blogger lately. But, we've been a little busy here at the Hejl household. Thanksgiving was good and full of food as always. Luke took a trip to Big Bend to hike with some buddies and had a blast. I went to Cleburne for my little sister's baby shower. She got some major loot!

Last year, I created a best/worst list of Christmas songs and singers thereof. This year, I've enjoyed TWO different Christmas music stations that have allowed me to branch out in my Christmas music discoveries - SIRIUS "Holly" station and of course, Majic 95.5 here in Austin. Cooper has learned quite a few songs this year from me listening to the radio. His favorite as of yet is Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney and Wings. Man, this is MY child.

2008 faves:

- Winter Wonderland - Eurythmics (I love Annie Lennox)
- Merry Christmas, Baby - The Beach Boys
- Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Jack Johnson
- Someday at Christmas - Jackson 5 (one with the biggest political statement, but a good one)
- Step Into Christmas - Elton John
- Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth - David Bowie and Bing Crosby
- Somethin' About Christmastime - Bryan Adams
- Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (a classic)

Most overplayed:
- Do You Hear What I Hear? - Whitney Houston (I mean, I'm nothing if not a fan, but seriously this one is on all of the time.)
- Last Christmas - George Michael (oh dear)

Most depressing songs, other than last year's Another Auld Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg:
- Where Are You Christmas? - Faith Hill (ugh)
- I'll Be Home for Christmas - Josh Groban (With the military messages within the song. Heavens.)
- Christmas Shoes - not sure, but whoever it is, it's so cheesy, it's sob-worthy)

I'm sure I'll think of more soon. Hope everyone's having a great holiday so far!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Have you listened to The Hotel Cafe holiday album? It's lots of great indy artists and some who are breaking out and it is faaaabulous. You would love it.