Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're starting to record the news so we can watch the weather.

Yes, we're officially old, because Luke actually did this last night. Way to go honey.

Here's the Coop, wearing the essential hat the children of alums must have.


The news: We've paid off both of our cars in the past four months! I know this sounds no fun, but we did it, so we have no card payments for now. It's nice. Here are the two beauties, all shined up so we can feel good about our purchases.


Here's cute Luke, touch-up-painting the Benz. Very attentive to details.


Here's the dog, that I don't blog about much. He's a good one, but you can tell he's getting old. Our little Joey is around eight years old - we got him when he was two.


I took some pretty pictures while I made some clam chowder last week. I don't know why I was so proud of this, but they are HOMEMADE croutons, and the cans are pretty for the clams. It was so good, too. Let me know if you want the recipe.



Not much is new around here. We're just working, hanging out with Cooper, trying to stay warm in this crazy cold weather, and eating a lot of soup. And, we're eating a lot in general. This wintertime thing makes us really hungry for some reason, so I hope it warms up soon! Cooper likes the gym playroom and the nice sitters, so we go there a little more now. It's a little bit of a relief to be able to go during the days that we don't do anything. Life is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the vehicle thing! :) That's always a nice relief to have one less bill. Glad things are going so well for ya :)

Kristal~

Charis said...

Yeah on paying off your vehicles! I remember that feeling of freedom, and it was nice to have an extra couple hundred bucks a month! Dave Ramsey would say you are on your way to building wealth :) Also, I'm really impressed with the homemade croutons. Miss you guys!

allyo said...

You are starting to look like a professional picture taker. I keep telling Jay I need to get a new camera, so that I can become a pro too...but so far it is not working! The croutons looked delicious! Coop is too big. We miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

Your son looks like he's 8! I can't believe how big he is!!!!!!!