We've been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving, so much so that Cooper now does the radio jingle "Magic ninety-five point FIIIIIVE" all of the time. I like it though.
We've heard a few great artists sing some holiday songs, and some REAAAALLLY bad ones. Thought I'd share some that you might be surprised about.
A hard one, "O Holy Night"
Best - Celine Dion, of course
Worst - Brandy (seriously)
Close second-to-worst - Kelly Mitchell and Destiny's Child
"I Wish I Had a River"
Best - the original, Joni Mitchell
Worst, and I'm not kidding - Barry Manilow
"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"
Best - Brenda Lee
Worst - Lee Ann Rimes
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
Best - Bare Naked Ladies
Worst - well, can't think of a worst, Bare Naked Ladies are just the best.
"Silent Night"
Best - Burl Ives
Worst - Stevie Nicks (I know, I like her, but she sounds like a man)
"So This is Christmas"
Best - John Lennon
Worst - Celine Dion
Here are my three favorite Christmas songs, and their best singers:
"Celebrate Me Home" - Kenny Loggins
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Judy Garland
"Another Auld Lang Syne" - Dan Fogelberg (yeah, yeah, I know)
Honorable mention: "The Angels Cried" - Alan Jackson and Alison Krauss (I have to mention her somewhere, as the best artist on earth.)
There you have it. I'm sure I'll think of more. Merry Christmas! Expect a nice post on all of the card shipping I've been doing lately ... whew!
3 comments:
ooh I too love BNL's "God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen" and Dan Fogleberg's "Another Auld Lang Syne"
great picks!
S~ I love love love BNL, saw them in concert back in the college days. We love your card its on the fridge!
-Tanya
Post a Comment