Monday, July 30, 2007

"Negative on the stamps for U.S. visitors, eh."

This was our first greeting in Canada from the border patrol on the way from Seattle to Vancouver, by car. Us newbies to the passport thing wanted a stamp, but they didn't have them. Sadness. But thankfully, that was the lowest point of the trip. For those of you that don't already read Sara W.'s blog too, Preston, Sara, Luke and I went on an AWESOME trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Whistler this past week. We had SUCH a great time, eating, relaxing, hiking, biking, eating, walking around, shopping, eating, seeing the sites, basking in the beautiful weather, and yes, more eating. Here are some highlights from the trip:

1. Ziplining across the mountains and raging rapids of Whistler, BC. We're crazy!
2. Eating all different kinds of good food. We're so good at it. I think I'm still full.
3. Walking around Vancouver's Stanley Park, and visiting the Aquarium. Awesome.
4. Renting bikes in Whistler and riding around the trails, seeing beautiful lakes.
5. Meeting Jan from "The Office" - see Sara's story on that one. It was so cool!
6. Seeing the first Starbucks ever in Seattle's Pike Place Market, and eating tons of fresh fruit from there. Such a neat place!
7. Anniversary dinner at Anthony's in Bellevue with Luke - GREAT seafood. (Luke and I were in Seattle for about 24 hours before Preston and Sara met us - happy six years baby!)
8. The Capilano Suspension Bridge. Scary!
9. Riding the train from Whistler back to Vancouver. So gorgeous.
10. The International Fireworks Competition in Vancouver - we watched Spain. It was the BIGGEST fireworks show I've ever seen, and probably will ever see. Amazing.

Of course, we were ready to see Cooper after seven days apart. He had so much fun with Nonnie and Poppie that he probably didn't even notice we were gone for that long. It was good to get away for a while, but we REALLY missed him while we were gone. I promise, he grew.

Book update: I finished reading The Kite Runner, and it was GREAT. I loved it. I'm working on The Time Traveler's Wife right now, and will let you know how it goes.

Here come the pictures!

Me and the hubby.


First Starbucks - my Mecca.


My attempt at being artsy.


Outdoorish.


Best part of the trip. The gang.


Jan from The Office! We watched her stroller!


Gorgeous lake.


"What? We're walking across where?"


"It's not that high up!"


Train ride along the mountains.


Some video of the Capilano Bridge and the fireworks show. Both pretty cool.

7 comments:

Staci said...

Wow! That looks like an amazing vacation!

Cortni said...

Oh...I am so jealous! We went to Whistler for our honeymoon...but it was when there was snow and we skied. We fell in love with Vancouver and Whistler...plan to go back someday :) You made me itch to go now!!

Charis said...

Your trip sounded like a blast!! I'm glad yall had SO much fun. Congrats on 6 years!! Woo hoo! How bout a trip to tropical Tampa next summer? :)

myra said...

What a great time. I am so jealous though. We were in Seattle for a day on our honeymoon. I love Pike Place Market and made sure to go to the Original Starbucks too. We'll have to chat more about your trip next time we see each other.

Brooke said...

OMG! Vancouver, BC is my favorite place on earth. Seriously, there is no place more beautiful. So glad you guys got to enjoy it! So many people think I am weird when I recommend that as a great vacation spot. I took a road trip with my friend Linz last summer from Portland up to Vancouver and that was the most beautiful drive ever. The pics are great!

Anonymous said...

Your trip looked amazing! I have heard awesome things about that place- it is gorgeous. So fun that you guys could get away- I'm sure the little man was happy to see you guys when you returned.

CM said...

Danny and I went to Whistler for our honeymoon, and then again for our 5 year anniversary 2 years ago in August. I love that place - it is SO gorgeous. It looks like you guys had a fun trip!