

Yes, it's true. We were the oldest people there, but Luke and I went on vacation to South Padre Island this past weekend, sans Cooper. It was a total blast.
Remnants of Spring Break travelers from universities around the country were there, but it was not as crowded as I thought it was going to be. Actually, if you like to people watch, SPI is the MECCA of people watching. A little sad to watch at times - really confused college kids (And when I say kids, I mean five years younger than me.) just wasted beyond all measure and falling all over themselves. Bless their hearts. Other than that, it was relaxing, fun and much needed.
I must say, the highlight of the trip was, you guessed it, the Vanilla Ice concert. Aside from the fact that most of the people at the concert were barely alive when "Ice, Ice Baby" came out, it was pretty entertaining to everyone around. He's got to be pushing 45 years old, but he still looks the same - big hat, baggy clothes, English that's too pronounced to be seriously considered a rapper, etc. It was hilarious.
Cooper stayed with his Granna and Grandad and had a great time. He didn't ask for us too much, and was a little confused when we came back and took him home, but when we got close to the house, he started saying "almost home!" just like mom. What a kid.
Here's a sprinkler pic and video from last week. He loves it when we water the yard.

A kinda cute picture of Coop with my blurry camera. I need to get another one, maybe for the birthday.

I know he got bigger over the weekend. It's weird how that happens. I think Luke and I got bigger too with all of the seafood eating. Mmmmm ...
8 comments:
how awesome for yall to get to go on a weekend getaway! How cute are you guys! I am cracking up at Vanilla Ice!
RE: your comment on my blog... Bryson and Cooper will both be in the Toddler class at Ark, but I am switching days next year. I will still be teaching, but now I will teach 3 days (M, W, Th) instead of 2 (Tu,F). Which days will Coop be there? Are you going to work while he is there? He is gonna love it... it is so much fun! Even if they are different days, we have no excuse not to see yall... we live so close! Life is just so crazy busy with 4 kids!
Anyways, I am jealous of your trip away... yall look awesome!
South Padre Island and Vanilla Ice. WHOA and WHOA! :) Glad you guys had a great Spring Break. I'm not going to lie, I was in Round Rock this weekend. Peter's brother got married...in Austin, but we stayed in Round Rock. I DID think about you, but I DID NOT have your digits! SHOOT!
So jealous that you saw Vanilla Ice. Your comment on my blog reminded me that I hadn't read yours in a while. I thought you hadn't updated; I didn't realize I somehow deleted your feed from my Bloglines.
I absolutely LOVE that you guys saw Vanilla Ice in concert! I was actually just singing that song in the shower the other day for no good reason whatsover except that I am a huge dork. I take comfort in knowing that I am not the only one who still has a little love for Vanilla Ice!
Glad you guys had fun! Cooper is precious even when he is blurry!
I'm LOL just picturing ya'll at the Vanilla Ice concert! I bet it was a hoot!!!
What a fun getaway- that is really awesome!!!! Cooper is SUCH a cutie- growing up so fast!
Sounds like a fun time at SPI!! Glad yall got to get away for a while. Yes, we made it to Tampa safely. Sorry... I've been so busy since we've gotten here that I never responded to your email! Bad friend! I hope Luke gets to come to FL for work (and you too) so we can see you soon! It's really fun here so far - that means I haven't gotten to the homesick part yet. Nice pics of Coop - always a cutie!
I am SO jealous that you got to see Vanilla Ice in concert. My sister used to hang out with him because she knew his manager. I am still bummed that I never went with her.
Looks like you guys had a good time in South Padre. Hope to see ya'll soon.
Post a Comment