Dear Cooper,
Today, you are six. I'm not sure why six seems so much older than five. Probably because it is. One friend said to me today that we have 12 years until college starts. I know you'll want to go to ACU (since we were just there this weekend for our 10 year reunion) so that fact is exciting and completely terrifying. You can't be old enough for us to really think about that! But, if the next six years goes by as fast as these have, we need to gear up.
You are so stinkin' smart, Cooper. I have countless stories to prove this. Not too long ago, we were talking to you about kindergarten. Later, after that conversation, you came up to your daddy and said, "Dad. Can I tell you something? The things we learn in kindergarten? I already know all of that stuff already. Are we going to learn something new?" At first, this freaked us out. Are you in the right school? Is it going to get more challenging? But then we remembered, it's kindergarten. You're learning how to get along with other kids, and everybody loves you at school. You're learning about society and how it functions. Academics will definitely get more challenging as you go, so we're not worried. You love school and your teacher, and that's all that matters right now. This week, we'll work on the state capitols at home, so there.
You're well over half my size now at nearly four feet tall. Long and lean, you are all boy. You love your bike (which dad hopes you'll go on long rides with him someday when you're older) and your new scooter. You're great at swimming, and really fast, too. Too bad the pool is always closed by your birthday!
Cooper, I love you so much. I know we get frustrated with each other a lot, and it's because we are so alike. You're too smart for your own good, and I know sometimes I need to let go of you to do things you know how to do way beyond your time. You have the ability to see right through people (like me), and think ten steps ahead (like your dad). You're brave, intense, courageous, likeable, fun, and independent. I can't imagine a world without you.
I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. Mostly because I just read up on it. Who knew what you would be come six years later? I'm so excited for what God has in store for you in the next year.
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
That boy sure does have the best birthday! (-; Sounds like he's doing great!
Post a Comment