Let's see. I think I need to start at EASTER. Yikes. We went to hunt Easter eggs at Derek and Jayce's new house, which was a ball. The kids loved it and all got into it this year. We missed Mason and Landon hunting eggs this year, but maybe next year.
Cooper graduated from preschool! It was a cute little ceremony, complete with the teachers asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. See a video below of what Cooper said. (He didn't know.) Seems like a smart little kid to me. He's had a great year with his teachers in pre-k, and we're really excited about kindergarten. Eight weeks. Whoa. Juliet loved her preschool class as well, and will have the same teachers next year, since they've been asked to move up. Yes. No craziness there.
Then, the pool warmed up. And boy, has that kept us un-bored. The kids LOVE to swim, and the adults love to watch them swim. They're getting really great in the water, thanks to some awesome swim lessons from Luke's coworker, Meredith. We've had lots of friends over, and we always have something to do! No regrets on the pool, at all.
Memorial Day weekend we had our annual Marble Falls lake trip with the Dishmans and Ocheskeys. Six adults, eight kids, and crazy times! It was a lot of fun. Cooper got to go fishing with Colt and Camden, we ate well and just hung out. Good to see old friends. In the picture below, you don't even understand how many pictures this one picture took. It was the best one. :)
In the beginning of June we went back to Lake LBJ for the annual Hejl family lake trip. What a blast! We hung family from out of town, ate, slept, talked, played games, and laughed a lot. The kids had a ball hanging out together, especially the boys. I don't think they sat down the whole time, until we made them go to bed. We always love this trip, and can't wait until next year! (You'll have to check my Facebook page for pics on this one. I didn't take any good ones, but Janie did!)
While we were on the trip, my dad had another knee surgery. He's doing better, and a lot of the infection is gone, so it looks like he'll keep his leg, which is a blessing. But, he won't be able to walk normally or without a walker or brace for a very long time. Next year, he'll be able to have the chance for another knee replacement. It's a lot of waiting, but hopefully it'll be a good outcome. Two days later, my Aunt Donna died of a brain tumor. It was a good funeral, and everyone seems to be doing well, but it's a sad thing. Our family has got to stop with the only-getting-together-at-funerals thing. Four in the past two years.
We've been playing with Nonnie, Rachel and Haley since their summer has started, and been to VBS, birthday parties, and of course, swimming. It's been a great summer so far, and I feel it slowly starting end. As I type this, Cooper goes to Kindergarten in FOUR WEEKS.
What they're doing: Juliet says the cutest stuff. She's getting extremely vocal and becoming more helpful. At the same time, however, she has definitely hit her "terrible twos" early - just in the past couple of weeks. Man, she's a screamer. We'll make it through ... :) Stuff she says:
- Swimsuit = "sip soup"
- "I want a cookie, please."
- My personal fave: "AGHHHHHHHHH!"
- "I DO IT!"
- "Juice and water?"
- Swimming = "simmin'"
- "Riding! Riding on da boat!"
- Watermelon = "waddermayon"
- "I won't tear it, I won't tear it, iiiiiit is God's WOOOOORD."
- "Whatssat?" Also used for "Who's that?" interchangeably.
- "Cooper, you take a shahwah?"
- "Cooper nice."
- "Feep fops"
- "Ewwwwww! Gross!"
- "Poopie, poopie, poopie, poopie, poopie! Poopie in da potty?"
- "Pay-doh"
- "Mommy! Pay!" = Mommy, play!
- "Baby sad." when baby cries
- Torpedo = "Toh-PEE-doh"
- She can say "Nuh sacks" for fruit snacks, but can say "fruit" and "snacks" just fine. Weird.
- "OooooOOOOOOoooo. Tay-too Mommy!" = Thank you Mommy! and "You weccom, Mommy!"
Love it. In the past few days, she's saying much more, but I'm trying to remember what that is. More and more sentences.
Cooper: What a smart kid. I say that every time, but it's just amazing. So much smarter than I was at this age. He's reading pretty much anything right now, and will be a kindergarten superstar. He has great questions, and is becoming a wonderful little man. He's starting to clean up things without me asking him to, and be more polite and loving with his family. God is definitely at work in him. LORD knows it's not us. Cooper is about 3'10" and in a boys size small. Sad not shopping in the toddler section for him anymore!
July 4th was very relaxing in Cleburne, and Dad is even trying to get up and around more with his knee. Much better lately. The kids had a great time swimming, eating, and doing what cousins do. They're all getting so big.
The next weekend, we went to Edmond to visit Sara and Preston and the kids, and had a Photo Card Cafe' charity event as well. Crazy weekend, but lots of fun. Those kids love each other. We just got back from Vegas actually, and I'll post on that next. The kids got to get away for the week, and I missed them! They both are already bigger ...
1 comment:
Looking at these makes me miss you all! Sounds like life has been busy, fun, and fulfilling.
Post a Comment