Saturday, January 08, 2011

Update for January

Howdy all. Just updating with some things I don't want to forget.

Juliet at 16 months: She can pretty much say anything you ask her to. Verbally, she's amazing. Slowly starting to ask for things and say "eat please" or "more please." Smarty pants. She LOVES to scream, but not a chilling scream. More like an I'm-trying-to-win-at-tug-of-war scream. It's funny. She also ADORES her daddy. It's so cute when he comes home from work. We see him drive in the gate and she yells "Daddy, daddy!" I have a feeling I'm always going to be the bad guy in any situation with her, forever. Daddy's girl.

Juliet is an eater. I'm a little scared we're going to have to latch the pantry on her. I'm not complaining though - the opposite would be SO much more annoying. I love her infectious smile and her sweet disposition. However, she has learned "no" and "mine" and uses them frequently. She also enjoys the frequent climb up the chairs and onto the table to walk around. Yikes. Climbing Cooper's bunk beds is always fun. I have to take the ladder down every morning or there will be blood.

Cooper at five years (63 months - lol): He's been reading since he was four, but he's getting much, MUCH better at it. Still not something he can do alone, but he likes to read along with dad. The third Hank the Cowdog is the latest read. He asks so many questions, and is incredibly smart. I'm starting to think/worry/cheer about kindergarten this fall. I'm anxious to see how it all goes. We are sending him to a great public school. Still, I'm scared. Praying that God takes care of him (and me).

CHRISTMAS: We had a fabulous holiday. Everyone got what they wanted. I cooked a lot. What more can be said. As a fore mentioned, Cooper got bunk beds from Santa, and Juliet got a Fischer Price Little People house and furniture, cars, people, etc. They love it. All the grandparents did well, and aunts and uncles, etc. We are all extremely blessed.

I'll post pics when I get them off of my camera. I'm so lazy. I just make an Asian chicken and noodle dinner, and practiced some egg poaching thanks to Julia Child. With my new home/kitchen, I enjoy cooking more than before. I have a bit more room and we've been eating a home a lot more. I guess I've been forced to. It's a good thing. It's all good so far. :)

Sara out.

2 comments:

Julie T said...

Sounds like all is going well. We miss you guys!

Julie said...

Juliet sounds so much like Chloe! She is so much more verbal than Ryan was at this age and she is a garbage disposal. My brother was always super skinny and could eat anything but never did and I was always chunky and hungry and I am so worried that Ryan and Chloe are the same way! Sigh.

Praying about all our kiddos starting school. How did they get to be five years old so fast???