Juliet is starting to sit up on her own (I need to get more pics of that) and say "mamamama," "dadadada" and "yahyahyahyah" all of the time. I really do think she's saying "mama" because it's when I'm not paying attention to her. She uses it to get my attention, and it works! Cooper is reading more, and practicing letters on the shower door. He is SO stubborn and opinionated (I'm not sure at all where he gets that), but super inquisitive and smart. He remembers everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. Even stuff from when he was two, like, specific events and people. Blows my mind.
Cooper got to dress up as a cowboy for Rodeo day at school. Everyone looked so cute! The teachers had a little rodeo roundup (aka the chicken dance) before it started, and they had little activities to do in the afternoon. Of course, my son was less interested in the actual horse they had there to pet, and WAY more interested in the big truck and horse trailer they brought it in. :) He looked so handsome in his boots and jeans.
Luke had a trade show/convention at the Disneyland Hotel in sunny CA last week, so we tagged along as a family. The hotel was great - super close to the park, and to an area called Downtown Disney where they have fun restaurants, stores, and cool Disney apparel. I've never been to a place so populated with children and strollers. Nor have I seen a hotel/park more catered to children's wants and needs. We went the first morning to something called "Goofy's Kitchen" buffet breakfast and were shocked (and a little excited) to find every food a kid could ever want at this breakfast. I mean, eggs, bacon, omelettes, mac and cheese, ice cream, cobbler, cupcakes, eggs benedict, jello, Mickey pancakes and waffles ... you name it. It was awesome. Of course, my son wanted one pancake, jello and chocolate milk. I, on the other hand, couldn't contain myself. Yum. Also at the breakfast were Goofy, Chip and Dale, Princess Jasmine, Balou, and Pluto. They came to our table!
We had a four-day pass to the park, so we did a lot of walking. Juliet really enjoyed sitting up in the stroller (we borrowed a sit 'n' stand - thanks Collins fam) and Cooper was a trooper. He loved the Toontown area of the park where Mickey Mouse and all of his friends "live." It was a great area for younger kids. We did ride "It's a Small World" and were thoroughly annoyed by it, and Luke and Cooper saw a Mickey parade and rode the carousel. We got to see fireworks on Friday and Saturday night outside our hotel room window, which was amazing. And loud. Juliet was so tired, she didn't even budge. Hotel rooms with a baby can be stressful, but we did it!
Luke's cousin, Bethany, lives about 20 minutes away from the park, so meeting up with her and her daughter, Samantha, was a lot of fun. The kids and I went to the beach one afternoon with them and had a ball. We ate at a place called "Woody's" the looked a lot like Cooper's room at home on the inside. YUMMY avocado omelette, and a great burger for Cooper. Speaking of food, we also went to the Rainforest Cafe' with Preston, since he happened to be in town, and ESPN Zone. Yum. We did not go hungry.
We had such a great time, but after the long flight home, time difference, and time CHANGE on the same day, we were pooped. It'll be fun to go back when they're a few years older, and maybe DisneyWORLD instead.
Wednesday, we went to the Austin Rodeo with Charis and her two boys. It's a little boy's wonderland, with the golf carts, cars and tractors to sit and play on. Cows? Ho hum. I had to pry Cooper off of a Dodge pickup and out the exit to leave. He loves to pretend to drive. And, Juliet, loves to watch. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment