Saturday, February 23, 2008

The closest to political activism I've ever gotten.


This is about how far away we were last night, so the picture isn't that cool. Luke, Cooper and I (and a couple of friends) went to the Barack Obama rally last night at the Capitol. Not that I proclaim any alliance with one political party ... we really wanted to go just to say we'd gone, and to tell Cooper that he went later in life. He is an amazingly moving speaker, that I can certainly give him credit for. It was wonderful to see that many people standing on Congress, totally quiet, listening to his speech. He named just about every issue he could think of, said he could fix it, talked about CHANGE. All we could think about is, if he wins, he has a TON of stuff to do.

4 comments:

marlene said...

Hi, Sara. It's fun to check up on ya'll. We always joke that if we were web savvy we'd come up w/some sort of viral internet video featuring Obama as Bob the Builder.

twarpula said...

The Capitol looks so pretty at night!!

Anonymous said...

I think Obama and Clinton should team up and work together... They could be the most powerful leaders of our time... we need change and they are both very determined people who can probably keep a lot of their promises (assuming they mean them).. I'm having a hard time figuring out who I want as well.

Kristal

Brooke said...

It is fun to say that you have seen politicians on the road as they campaign. I remember in Jr High we were driving through Georgetown and there was a huge Clinton bus at the WalMart and so my mom, being a huge NON Clinton supporter, thought that it would be good for her kids to see someone that may end up being the president. So I can say that I have shaken hands with Bill Clinton but thankfully I wasn't the one in the blue dress! ;-)