Monday, August 29, 2005

DC trip, and 31 weeks

For those of you who don't know, I went to Washington, DC this past weekend to visit my friend Elizabeth. We met up with other high school friends, Kasey from Texas and Juli in Virginia, and got to see all of the sites with Elizabeth as our own personal tour guide. And what a great guide she was! I seriously would have been lost without someone to tell me where to go every second. It was lots of fun, and lots of walking. I definitely felt the 31 weeks pregnant thing goin' on. This was the last weekend I could travel more than an hour away, so I made the most of it.

I had never been to DC before, so it was really great to see all of these things you see on TV up close and personal. The museums were unreal, and the night monument tour was beautiful. Lots of great food too - you know I love the food above all! A great girls weekend had by all. I didn't want to come back to the real world, but I was glad to get back home and see my hubby, who was so bored without me, he cleaned the whole house, top to bottom. What a man! Couldn't do without him.

So, 31 weeks and counting. Cooper's moving around like crazy as I type, and it's starting to be a little uncomfortable. He's getting big! About three pounds now and 16 inches long. Less than nine weeks to go! The nursery is starting to come together really nicely - just a few more odds and ends to go.

Congrats to Andy and Mandy on the news that they're having a baby girl. Cooper gets dibs ... don't be all claimin' her, Chase! We're going to the lake with some friends this weekend. I'm so excited to see everyone that's coming.

I'm sure so much more has happened in the last week, but I just can't remember right now. Pretty tired. Gotta get my sleep while I can!

4 comments:

swatterson said...

Whatever! The Luster girl will totally be into Chase! :)

Looks like you gals had a ton of fun in DC.

leslie said...

I didn't even know you went to DC! I went there in 6th grade. The only thing I remember about it was I had a really bad haircut, and the boy I liked never held my hand. Can you say, nerd?!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl- I'm so glad you enjoyed the city! Looks like you got to the see the big sites. Congrats on little Cooper!!! That's just too fun......hugs to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Do not even worry- I would have loved to see you, but do not feel bad! I know how fun those girlfriend weekends are- I did one to San Fran not long ago with two best friends from high school and had a blast. I'm just glad you got to see this great city!